Current post as Animation Lecturer in the BA(Hons) Animation, Wrexham Glyndwr University, UK.
2014: PhD in Visual Arts and Education, International Mention, University of Granada, Spain. (You can read my PhD “Creating audiovisual participatory narratives: a/r/tography and inclusivity” online)
2009: Masters in Art Education and Visual Arts, University of Granada.
2007: Degree in Fine Arts, University of Barcelona.
Complementary artistic Training
- 2013-2014: Film-making and directing course (180 hours), NexoAv Film School, Granada, Spain.
- 2009-2010: 2D animation course (380 hours), NexoAv Film School, Granada, Spain.
Academic Scholarships and Honors
2009- 2013: FPU doctoral scholarship (University Teachers Training Program)
2007: Outstanding Academic Achievements in Fine Arts Bacherlor’s Degree (“Premio Extraordinario de licenciatura”)
2005-2006: Séneca National Exchange Program to study a year at the University of Barcelona.
International research stay
Six months (March – August 2012) at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada hosted by Dr. Rita L. Irwin, Department of Curriculum studies/ Faculty of Education
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: PUBLICATIONS
Madrid Manrique, M. (2015). Inclusividad, interculturalidad y educación artística. Valladolid: Editorial La Calesa, 165 págs, ISBN: 987-84-8105-160-5, Depósito Legal: VA-350/2015.
Madrid Manrique, M., Madrid-Fernández, D. (2014). La formación inicial del profesorado para la educación bilingüe. Granada: Editorial Universidad de Granada, 208 págs.
Madrid-Manrique, M. (2014). Inclusivity and Aesth/ethics in Third Participatory A/r/tographic Spaces, Visual inquiry 3 (2), 149-166.
Madrid, M. (2012). Paradox in A/r/tography: Collective Short Animated Film-Making for Social Inclusion. Visual Arts Research 38(2), 58-68. University of Illinois Press.
Madrid, M. (2012). Sharing our life experiences through autobiographical graphic novels. Visual Arts Research 38(1), 99-107.
Conference papers at international conferences (selection)
Madrid-Manrique, M., Marín-Viadel, R., Siegesmund, R. “A/r/tography, Participatory Narratives, Inclusivity and Graphic Novel,” 3 International Arts-Based Research Conference, University of Porto, Portugal, 28-30 January 2015.
Madrid-Manrique, M. “Comic-based educational research,” 2 International Arts-Based Research Conference, University of Granada, Spain, 27-30 January 2014.
INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
2014-1016: Assistant Coordinator, University of California Berkeley Summer Abroad Program
2014-1016: Assistant Director of the Critical Muslim Study School Program, Center of Study and investigation for Decolonial Dialogues.
HIGHER EDUCATION LECTURER
2014-2016: UCEAP, Lecturer in the University of California Education Abroad Program, course Art, History and Culture in Granada.
2011-2013: University of Granada, Primary Teacher Training Degree, Bilingual group, Department of Art education.
2007-2013: Drawing and stop-motion animation workshop in the ADERES Association, Granada (Spain). Experience working with children and young people with learning differences.
2012: Intensive stop-motion workshop in the Eaglearts Arts Summer Camp, Vancouver Island, Canada.
VISUAL ARTIST EXPERIENCE: GRANTS, EXHIBITIONS AND JOBS.
Artistic grants and awards
2010: ÁCCESIT, Second Prize, National Young Artist’s Creation Festival (INJUVE 2010)
- 2010-2011: La Torre Infinita (*The infinite tower), Carmen de la Victoria, Granada (Spain), 15th December 2010- 21st January 2011, University of Granada.
- 2009: Superficies Líquidas (*Liquid surfaces). Foundation Caja Rural, May -June 2009, Granada (Spain).
Collective exhibitions and festivals (selection)
- “INJUVE 2010”, (Sept 9th- Oct 17th 2010) Círculo de Bellas Artes, Madrid, (Spain); (Jan-June 2011) Itinerary exhibition in AECID centers in Guatemala, Dominican Republic, and Honduras, promoted by the Youth Institute of the Spanish Government.
- “Arquetips”, Sala d’Art Jove, March – June 2007, Barcelona, (Spain).
Artwork in exhibition catalogues (selection)
- La Torre Infinita. Del texto a las ilustraciones. Granada: Universidad de Granada y Centro de Cultura contemporánea (2011).
- Muestra de Artes Visuales INJUVE, pp. 70-79. Madrid: Instituto de la Juventud, Círculo de Bellas Artes, Gobierno de España (2010).
- Calabria 147, Sala d’Art Jove 2006-2007, pp. 171-172. Barcelona: Edición Generalitat de Cataluña (2008).
Children’s illustrated books
- 2010-2011: NexoAv, Granada (Spain).
- Skills: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesing, Adobe Premiere.
- 2013: NexoAv, Granada (Spain).
- Skills: 2D traditional animation, hand-drawing, layout, line tests, exposure sheet.